Posts Tagged Basil
OK, this one is super easy (keeping with my theme) and a great appetizer. What could be more down to earth than ham and cheese?! Now, add to that; pesto and puff pastry and you will have a unique dish that will be the hit of any party!! Ready . . . let’s do this!
PREP: 10 MINUTES
BAKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP: 425 DEGREES
SERVES: 10 -12
1 SHEET PUFF PASTRY, THAWED
2 TABLESPOONS COMMERCIAL/HOMEMADE PESTO
6 THIN SLICES HONEY HAM
6 THIN SLICES SWISS CHEESE
1. Spread the pesto over the sheet of puff pastry dough, top with ham slices then cheese.
2. Start rolling the long side of the dough and continue until reaching the middle of the pastry sheet. Roll the opposite end in to meet the first roll.
3. Cut the roll into half-inch thick slices with a bread knife. Place the slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Once again, thank you for your continued support and for reading!
For information about our upcoming cooking classes or to customize you own private cooking class/party visit MY WEBSITE.
OK Picture this: you’re sitting at a quaint little sidewalk bistro in one of the quaint little coastal towns in Southern California. You sip on your class of wine as you watch the people parade up and down the street. The lighting just perfect with the sun filtering through the massive Ficus trees lining the street, warming the otherwise cool ocean breeze. Finally your order arrives . . . giant shrimp wrapped in prosciutto, sitting on Roma tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese, topped with creamy pesto sauce. Life just got a lot better!
My husband, Pat and I first tasted this delightful dish under the circumstances I just described for you. Since that first tasting, this has been one of my favorite appetizers on the planet. Every time I taste this delicacy, I am instantly transported back to that scene in the little beach town. Come and enjoy that little beach town with me . . . through their food!
PROSCUITTO SHRIMP CAPRESE APPETIZERS
PREP: 15 minutes
ROASTING TIME: 10 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP: 375 DEGREES
SERVES – 5 (2 SHRIMP EACH)
10 JUMBO RAW SHRIMP PEELED (TAILS INTACT) AND DEVINED
8 OUNCES PROSCUITTO
8 OUNCES FRESH MOZZERELLA
3 ROMA TOMATOES
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
1 RECIPE OF PESTO
- Place shrimp in shallow dish and add salt, pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss shrimp to coat evenly.
- Cut prosciutto length-wise for a total of 10 strips, then wrap each shrimp with the prosciutto strips.
- Place prepared shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes until shrimp turns pink
- Remove from oven – let rest for 5 minutes
- Serve over slices of fresh mozzarella and sliced Roma tomatoes
- Add a generous dollop of pesto sauce
- Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter, and don’t forget to put out a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails.
This recipe is easy to make for larger groups.
I don’t have to hope . . . I know you will enjoy this recipe!
Thank you for reading!
For more ideas for menus and great get-a-ways visit my web site at: www.TheLarkInn.com
Here is another REALLY simple but great tasting recipe. I found my Tomato Basil Dip recipe while I was pouring through my recipes getting ready for our “Appetizers to Die For” cooking class at The Lark Inn last weekend. Not only is it easy to prepare and tastes good . . . it is also different. It’s not the same old dip that everyone is used to having in some variation or another . . . it’s unique. Bring your Tomato Basil Dip to a gathering and you’ll be the talk of the party!
Enough of my blabbing. Let’s get down to business:
TOMATO BASIL DIP
PREP: 10 MINUTES
CHILLING TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVES – 10 OR MORE
1 CUP MAYONNAISE
½ CUP SOUR CREAM
½ CUP FRESH BASIL
1 TABLESPOON TOMATO PASTE
1 TABLESPOON LEMON ZEST
ASSORTED FRESH VEGETABLES
Stir together first 5 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
Serve with fresh vegetables.
Thank you for reading!
If you would like more information about my cooking classes or would like to customize your own cooking class party, visit our website!