Posts Tagged Cheese
OK, this one is super easy (keeping with my theme) and a great appetizer. What could be more down to earth than ham and cheese?! Now, add to that; pesto and puff pastry and you will have a unique dish that will be the hit of any party!! Ready . . . let’s do this!
PREP: 10 MINUTES
BAKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP: 425 DEGREES
SERVES: 10 -12
1 SHEET PUFF PASTRY, THAWED
2 TABLESPOONS COMMERCIAL/HOMEMADE PESTO
6 THIN SLICES HONEY HAM
6 THIN SLICES SWISS CHEESE
1. Spread the pesto over the sheet of puff pastry dough, top with ham slices then cheese.
2. Start rolling the long side of the dough and continue until reaching the middle of the pastry sheet. Roll the opposite end in to meet the first roll.
3. Cut the roll into half-inch thick slices with a bread knife. Place the slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Once again, thank you for your continued support and for reading!
For information about our upcoming cooking classes or to customize you own private cooking class/party visit MY WEBSITE.
OK . . . OK . . . I KNOW . . . CHEESE BALL . . . REALLY?!?!? YES REALLY! This Cheese ball (apple) is great tasting and . . . it’s fun to make! I love to have it ready at the beginning of my cooking classes or at a social gathering. I just serve it with some wheat or multi-grain crackers . . . . really, almost anything will go well with it. It works great to have something there that my guests can “nosh” on while they are waiting . . . for whatever they’re waiting for.
We made this in our Lark inn Cooking Class last October and it was a big hit. Enjoy!
PREP: 15 MINUTES
CHILLING TIME: 2 HOURS
SERVES – 10 TO 12 APPETIZER SERVINGS
8 OUNCES WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE, SHREDDED
1 (8-OUNCE) PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
1/8 TEASPOON GROUND RED PEPPER
1 ½ INCH CINNAMON STICK
1 BAY LEAF
- 1. Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Shape cheese mixture into a ball, and make an indentation in the top to resemble an apple. Chill ball 30 minutes.
- 3. Coat ball heavily with paprika; cover and chill 1 hour
- 4. Insert cinnamon stick and bay leaf into indentation to resemble apple stem and leaf. Serve with assorted crackers or Cheddar-Pecan Shortbread leaves.
If this was interesting to you, visit my web site and check out a cooking class that works for you.
Thanks for reading!