Posts Tagged Roma Tomatoes
OK Picture this: you’re sitting at a quaint little sidewalk bistro in one of the quaint little coastal towns in Southern California. You sip on your class of wine as you watch the people parade up and down the street. The lighting just perfect with the sun filtering through the massive Ficus trees lining the street, warming the otherwise cool ocean breeze. Finally your order arrives . . . giant shrimp wrapped in prosciutto, sitting on Roma tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese, topped with creamy pesto sauce. Life just got a lot better!
My husband, Pat and I first tasted this delightful dish under the circumstances I just described for you. Since that first tasting, this has been one of my favorite appetizers on the planet. Every time I taste this delicacy, I am instantly transported back to that scene in the little beach town. Come and enjoy that little beach town with me . . . through their food!
PROSCUITTO SHRIMP CAPRESE APPETIZERS
PREP: 15 minutes
ROASTING TIME: 10 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP: 375 DEGREES
SERVES – 5 (2 SHRIMP EACH)
10 JUMBO RAW SHRIMP PEELED (TAILS INTACT) AND DEVINED
8 OUNCES PROSCUITTO
8 OUNCES FRESH MOZZERELLA
3 ROMA TOMATOES
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
1 RECIPE OF PESTO
- Place shrimp in shallow dish and add salt, pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss shrimp to coat evenly.
- Cut prosciutto length-wise for a total of 10 strips, then wrap each shrimp with the prosciutto strips.
- Place prepared shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes until shrimp turns pink
- Remove from oven – let rest for 5 minutes
- Serve over slices of fresh mozzarella and sliced Roma tomatoes
- Add a generous dollop of pesto sauce
- Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter, and don’t forget to put out a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails.
This recipe is easy to make for larger groups.
I don’t have to hope . . . I know you will enjoy this recipe!
Thank you for reading!
For more ideas for menus and great get-a-ways visit my web site at: www.TheLarkInn.com