How nice it is just in everyday life to have something that is easy to fix for breakfast or brunch. It is even better during the holidays when you have out of town company and guests you want to spend time with and you have something really good to eat . . . that was easy to fix! My Taylor Tots are made with my angel biscuit dough, sausage, egg and cheese and are delightful . . . It doesn’t get much better. these are the best fresh out of the oven. But, here’s a secret . . . they also freeze really well and with a few seconds in the microwave your guests will be hard-pressed to think you haven’t been slaving away in the kitchen since well before they woke up!.
PREP: 20 minutes
BAKING TIME: 10 – 12 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP: 375 DEGREES
SERVES – 10
1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits (such as “Grands”) or Angel Biscuits *
1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
½ cup of grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
½ cup cooked bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean’s)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
2. Separate each biscuit into three or four pieces (or roll out the Angel Biscuits very thin) and press each piece into a muffin tin, pressing down on dough lightly to mold into the muffin cup.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, milk, egg and cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined, just a minute or two.
4. Spoon a teaspoon or so of sausage into the muffin tins on top of the dough. Cover with about 2 tablespoons of the egg and cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10- 12 minutes until puffed and golden.
Thank you for reading. Enjoy your holiday season and your family . . . even the weird ones!
Click on these links for more information about upcoming Cooking Classes at The Lark Inn or a great Get-A-Way in the picturesque Flint Hills of Kansas.