A super supplement to any meal is this Grilled Bearnaise Bread. You don’t have to heat it on the grill, an oven will work fine. It’s got a snappy flavor and will round out most any meal. We made this at our last grilling class and I usually look forward to some of the left-overs . . . not this bread!
Ready? Let’s go!
PREP: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP OR GRILL TEMP: 375 DEGREES
SERVES – 12 TO 15
½ CUP SHERRY VINEGAR
½ CUP DRY VERMOUTH
3 TABLESPOONS MINCED SHALLOTS
2 TABLESPOONS FRESH TARRAGON LEAVES
½ TEASPOON CRACKED PEPPER
1½ CUPS (3 STICKS) UNSALTED BUTTER, CUT INTO ½“ SLICES
SALT TO TASTE
1 BAGUETTE, CUT INTO ½ INCH SLICES
1. Combine the vinegar, vermouth, shallots, tarragon and cracked pepper in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until the liquid is almost evaporated and the sauce is reduced, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand until cool.
3. Combine the cooled sauce and butter in a food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth. Season with salt.
4. Spread 1 side of 10 slices of the bread with some of the béarnaise butter.
5. Arrange the slices together to form a small loaf and wrap lightly in foil.
6. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices and remaining butter.
7. Bake at 375 Degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.
As always, thank you for following and reading!
Check Our Website for information about our Next Gourmet Cooking Class. Also, don’t forget, now is one of the best times to Visit The Flint Hills of Kansas!
Remember, when you are at The Lark Inn Guesthouses, you don’t have to go anywhere to visit The Flint Hills . . . You’re There!