Posts Tagged Recipe
We fixed a super great chicken dish in our October Cooking Class at The Lark Inn. It is a “Spicy Roast Chicken with Tomatoes and Marjoram” and is very simple to prepare, very low on calories and fat and . . . it’s YUMMY! Another thing that I like about this recipe is that with the tomatoes, it plates very nicely . . . it looks great spread around on a nice platter!
Our class had a great time fixing it and . . . eating it!
Here is the recipe:
SPICY ROAST CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES AND MARJORAM
PREP: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 35 MINUTES
OVEN TEMP: 450 DEGREES
24 OUNCES OF WHOLE CHERRY TOMATOES
¼ CUP OLIVE OIL
5 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
¾ TEASPOONS OF DRIED CRUSHED RED PEPPER
2 TABLESPOONS OF DRIED MARJAROM
4 CHICKEN BREASTS – BONELESS BUT WITH SKIN ON
SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare pans with either a silpat lined baking sheet or parchment paper for chicken.
- 2. Toss the olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, crushed red pepper and marjoram in a large bowl to combine.
- 3. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken, arranging the tomatoes in a single layer around the chicken.
- 5. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 6. Roast until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are blistered, about 35 minutes.
If this recipe sounds interesting to you, check out my web site: http://www.thelarkinn.com/CookingClasses.html