Posts Tagged Feta Cheese
By now you are probably detecting a theme in my favorite salads and that is that they generally contain fruit of some sort, nuts and cheese. I think the reason is that these types of salads will go with just about anything. They are light enough to be refreshing in hot weather, but with the nuts and cheese, they have plenty of protein and so will stay with you. We prepared the Irish Flag Salad at our March cooking class at The Lark Inn and everyone loved it! Another theme with my favorite salads . . . they are simple to make as is this one! Let’s make an Irish Flag Salad!
IRISH FLAG SALAD
PREP: 20 MINUTES
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Divide spinach among four plates; top with pears, oranges, cheese & pistachios
**This salad features green spinach, orange fruit and white cheese, mimicking the colors in the national flag of Ireland.
Thank you for reading!
For more information about our scheduled cooking classes at The Lark Inn Guesthouses or scheduling your own custom Cooking Class Party check my website.