This is a super simple recipe and makes for a great appetizer. We served it to 12 at our grilling class and there was plenty. Ready? Let’s get started!
“FRED’S RUB” CHICKEN WINGS
PREP: 5 Minutes
GRILL TIME: 15 – 20 Minutes
SERVES – 10+/- (four pieces per person)
6 lbs of Chicken Wings
¼ Cup – Fred’s Rub
- Wash and cut chicken wings into “Wingettes” and “Drumettes”
- Pat Chicken dry with paper towels
- Liberally sprinkle Fred’s Rub over one side of chicken.
- Place chicken directly over a medium-hot grill, starting Fred’s Rub side down.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes turning to avoid burning.
- Remove chicken when dark golden brown
Enjoy! We have not found anyone that didn’t absolutely love “Fred’s Rub” Chicken Wings!
My husband’s father; “Fred” concocted “Fred’s Rub” while living the good life, grilling on his Hasty Bake grill in the mid-fifties in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Fred’s Rub is a special blend of seasoned salt, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper and is available exclusively through The Lark Inn.
Thank you again for reading!