As I talked about yesterday, here is the missing recipe from our Knute Rockne dinner. These Sorghum-Glazed Baby Carrots are supper easy to make and they really help to round out our “vintage” dinner.
SORGHUM GLAZED BABY CARROTS
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baby carrots or small carrots (such as Thumbelina), trimmed, peeled, halved lengthwise
- 1 6″ piece of ginger, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2″-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup sorghum syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons bourbon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and sauté until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Add ginger and sorghum. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in orange juice and bourbon. Return to heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are fork-tender, 5–7 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid has been reduced to a syrupy consistency and carrots are nicely glazed, about 6 minutes. Discard ginger. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enjoy your vintage Dinner!
As always, I thank you for reading my blog.
Visit my website for menus from our past Cooking Classes as well as information on my upcoming class: “Lady’s Tea”